DROP AND GIVE ME 20

If you don't comment this is just a one sided debate.

Friday, April 28, 2006

Friday, man I love Friday.

Friday is a greatest day of the week. I work a full day at a normal job then I go to my "fun job". I work as a youth counselor at a recreation center on Friday night. I go in from 6:00 pm to 11:30pm. I am in charge of the gym. So what we do is play basketball, dodge ball, football, etc. Can you believe I get $60.00 just to go goof off in the gym for a few hours? Me neither! We open the rec center to kids ages 9-14, no adults other than the staff. We have a dance room, a concession stand, game room, swimming pool, and my world down in the gym. The kids call me Mr Gym. I do at least one thing the same each week. I call it the "red line fitness challenge" this is where I put the kids through a Marine Corps PT session. The last two kids standing get prizes at the end. One thing is for sure I send the kids home tired. The only bad thing is, 250-300 9-14 year olds can drive a man crazy. The younger kids are okay, but the older kids think they are too cool to be there. As long as we all have fun, and we always do! It is a great night. I like to end my week on a high note and this is just the way.


I'm going to Bass Pro shops on Saturday. They have this big fish tank, it must be 200,000 gallons and full of big fish. I might just get me a pole and do a little fishing there, at least until they call the cops on me.

If you have ever taken your wife to Bass Pro shops for a date and had Dr Pepper and beef jerky for your meal........YOU JUST MIGHT BE A REDNECK.

3 Comments:

  • At 9:48 AM, Blogger James said…

    So how is that new Bass Pro Shop? I haven't been yet, which is kind of sad considering I can practically stand on my roof and throw a football there. I'm guessing it's a lot like the one in Texas.

     
  • At 4:29 PM, Blogger Uncle Jim said…

    Take your camera. It is a little bigger than the one we went to in Texas.

    They feed the fish there on Mon-Wed-Sat at 2:00 pm.

    You got to take Scotty.

     
  • At 5:12 PM, Blogger justacoolcat said…

    I wish we had a Bass Pro shop around here, I love the catalog.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home